Welcome to Whitney M. Young PreK-8 School
At Whitney Young, students prosper in a positive, child-centered environment. Faculty and staff collaborate with students' families to help students achieve academic success and build strong cognitive, social and creative skills.Whitney Young offers:
- Personalized Learning Model that focuses on the individual scholar
- Integrated and problem-based learning
- VILS program which will provide each scholar from grades 5-8 an I-pad for educational use
- Services for students with mild to moderate learning and behavior issues, including five classrooms for students with multiple disabilities or autism, one classroom for emotionally disturbed students and a special education preschool unit.
- Lunchtime mentoring opportunities which help improve students' attendance, academic attitude, social skills and self-esteem
- A focus on restorative practices and emotional learning to reduce the out-of-school suspension rate
- Beautiful, newly built state of the art campus
- Friendly and hard-working staff to meet the needs of our scholars
3:00 PM - 4:15 PM FACE PTO November Meeting
2:15 PM - 4:00 PM 100 Minutes: Staff Weekly Professional Development
December 5, 2023
12:35 PM - 2:05 PM BRAVE Program (Grade 4 Only)
December 6, 2023
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM High School Choice Fair - East Side
December 7, 2023
9:00 AM True2U Event (8th Grade Only)
CMSD CEO Dr. Morgan wants to hear from you as he begins a listening tour designed to help him better understand the District from the perspective of educators, scholars, families, and the community.
06/29/23 - “The vision here is around giving our families and staff the same experience they would have at AT&T or with any other service provider,” said Timmons. “We always want to be there for our families and give them the resources for anytime, anywhere learning.”
All CMSD scholars, educators, CMSD parents and caregivers are invited to share their ideas on how the funding can be creatively used. If you have a vision of how the educational experience of a school, building, department, or division can be advanced, you are encouraged to share your idea.
Students in kindergarten through 12th grade can receive live online tutoring from CMSD teachers in reading and English Language Arts, math, science and social studies from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Additionally, tutoring will be available to students in 6th through 12th grades 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through TutorMe.
Address:17900 Harvard Ave.Cleveland, OH 44128Hours:7:35 a.m. -2:05 p.m.Phone:216-838-5350Principal:Carlisha BiasAssistant Principal:Nicole DykstraDean of Engagement:Frederick McfarlandNetwork Leader: