English Language ArtsAs we prepare our scholars' to be 21st century learners, literacy continues to be a primary focus for increasing our scholars' levels of proficiency and ensuring their future success. Benjamin Franklin prides ourselves on the selection and fun, engaging, and rigorous 21st century ELA and math curriculum.The five essential components of literacy that every scholar needs to master are:
One of our school wide goals is to increase our scholars' growth in reading. We are accomplishing that goal through our Academic Achievement Plan which includes the following initiatives:
- Phonemic Awareness
The following pages will provide information on our curriculum as well as resources for scholars in the area of literacy.
- A Reading Specialist to support and provide services to scholars' identified in grades K-3 as off track
- Small group reading instruction using leveled readers for differentiation
- Literacy based learning centers during ELA blocks
- Online literacy resources for scholars to engage with including Reading Eggs, I-Ready, and Fuel Ed
- Data driven instruction based on scholars' abilities and needs
Benjamin Franklin...where each student lays a foundation for learning, citizenship, and career!