- Black, Non-Hispanic: 64.9%
- Hispanic: 15.6%
- White: 15.4%
- Multiracial: 2.6%
- Asian or Pacific Islander: 1.3%
- American Indian or Alaskan Native: 0.2%
- Female: 48.2%
- Male: 51.8%
Student Attendance rate:
High School Graduation Rate:
- Class of 2015 graduation rate: 69.1%
- Improvement from Class of 2011: +23.4%
Students receiving specialized services:
- Special Education services: 23.0%
- Multilingual services: 7.8%
- Free/Reduced Price Lunch: 100.0%
- Gifted Education services: 6.4%
- Homeless services: 3.6%
- Transport 8,449 students on yellow buses daily.
- Transport 6,368 students on RTA daily.
- Transport 488 students on cabs/vans daily(special needs to mainly alternative schools, ie, PEP schools)
- The average mileage per day for fleet is 17,000.
- The estimated mileage per year for fleet is 3,060,000.
- Number of meals served per day – 41,500
- Breakfast – 15,500
- Lunch – 26,000
- Number of meals served per year – 7.5 million
Number of Schools: 105
- 68 K-8 schools
- 39 High schools
- International Newcomers Academy and Whitney Young Leadership Academy are K-12 and 2-12 respectively.
Program offerings include:
- Advanced Placement
- Alternative Education
- Bilingual Education
- Dual Language (English/Spanish)
- Early College
- Gifted and Talented
- International Baccalaureate (certification in progress)
- New Tech Network (problem/project and mastery based)
- Performing and Visual Arts
- Post-secondary/Dual degree
- Single Gender
- Special Education
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District is the second largest school district in the State of Ohio. The district is 82 square miles and serves Cleveland, Bratenahl, Linndale, Newburgh Heights, and parts of Brook Park and Garfield Heights.