Tremont is an American Montessori Society Member School and AMS Pathways School.
The AMS Pathway of Continuous School Improvement supports Montessori school quality.
Tremont is proud to be working towards full AMS accrediation.
NEW: Dress Expectations for School from the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
Educationally Appropriate Dress and Appearance/Dress Expectations
The responsibility for the dress and appearance of a student rests primarily with the student and their parents or guardians.
In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment, the district believes in the following basic principles:
• All students are encouraged to dress in a manner that is appropriate, comfortable and conducive to an active academic school day.
• Students should be able to wear clothing without fear of or actual unnecessary discipline or body shaming.
• The student dress code should serve to support all students to develop a body-positive self image.
• The district standard dress and appearance policy is gender neutral and applies to all students equally regardless of gender.
It will be applied on school campuses and at school-sponsored functions.
This will be enforced consistently and fairly by all members of the school staff.
Examples of inappropriate clothing include:
- clothing where the buttocks or torso is exposed, i.e., tube tops, half shirts, halters
- clothing that is see-through. (clothing must be opaque)
- clothing or accessories that show profanity, obscene words or pictures, sexually suggestive statements, violence, or incitement to violence
- clothing representing gang-related activities
- clothing where the entire thigh is exposed, such as micro minis or short shorts.
- bathing suits or cut-offs
- the wearing and carrying of tobacco promotional items, or items promoting controlled substances (drugs) and/or alcohol
- clothing where undergarments are exposed
- clothing that has text or visual images that is libelous, bullying, constitutes harassment or discrimination
- footwear must be worn at school and all functions
- no backless or open toe footwear
October 13, 2021: Our school has had a reported case of COVID-19. Any individual identified as being in close contact with the person has already been notified. Crews thoroughly clean and disinfect our building nightly, and it is safe for use. Please continue to follow all safety protocols.
Welcome to Tremont Montessori!
At Tremont Montessori learners are curious, compassionate and committed.
Tremont Montessori in partnership with students, staff, parents, and the community follow the Montessori philosophy, materials, and curriculum together with the state standards to prepare each child for academic excellence, promote social responsibility and stimulate lifelong learning.
Tremont MontessoriAddress2409 West 10th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113Phone216.838.9850Hours9:35 a.m. - 4:05 p.m.PrincipalDirector of Montessori ProgramsDean of Student Engagement