Middle Years Programme (Grades 9 & 10)
MYP Year 4 (Grade 9)
- 40 Hours*
MYP Year 5 (Grade 10)
- 100 Hours*
DP Years 1 & 2 (Combined)
250 Hours* and...
- CAS Portfolio (reflections, pictures, how you used the 5 stages etc.) on Managebac
- Representative Activities in all three strands of CAS (Creativity, Action, Service).
- Evidence, through reflection and/or demonstration, of meeting the 7 learning outcomes.
- Required meetings with the CAS Coordinator (or their designee):
- First Meeting (mandatory): Beginning of DP Year 1
- Second Meeting (mandatory): End of DP Year 1
- Third Meeting (optional): End of Quarter 1, DP Year 2
- Fourth Meeting (mandatory): End of Quarter 3, DP Year 2
- Completion of the CAS Project
The CAS Project
In addition to the many CAS experiences listed above, each student must complete a month long (or longer) series of related experiences that follow all 5 stages of CAS during their Junior and Senior year at CIHS. A CAS project involves collaboration between a group of students or with members of the wider community. It is highly encouraged that students use this CAS project to gain hands-on knowledge and experiences around each student’s Extended Essay topic. Details surrounding the CAS Project will be covered in the student’s IB Core 11 and 12 classes.