Q & A App
The following documents are required for registration:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record (Baby Shots)
- Proof of Address
- Withdrawal Form, most recent Report Card, or Transcript
- Guardian’s State ID
- Guardianship/Custody Documents (if applicable)
Parents/Guardians are encouraged to visit www.choosecmsd.org to preregister their student.
If you need more information, please visit https://www.clevelandmetroschools.org/Page/395#what
- Maintaining the health, safety, and well-being of our scholars and staff
- Exemplify excellence in learning and teaching, filled with joy and aligned to a coherent, unified core curriculum
- Supporting our scholars, staff, and families as they adapt to new methods and rhythms of learning and teaching
- Ensuring operational efficiency across the organization to encourage flexibility and financial health
- Partnering with community organizations and leveraging local assets to more fully and equitably support our scholars and their families
To read the entire ReOpening Plan visit:
To read the entire Hybrid Model visit:
Schoology – Remote Learning Platform
- Schoology is an integrated learning management solution which provides course management, mobile learning, and support for communication.
- Schoology enables our scholars, parents and teachers to engage with learning materials and their school community from the classroom and beyond.
- With Schoology, scholars can digitally submit homework assignments, review grades, participate in interactive discussions, receive announcements and feedback, take tests, write academic blogs, and more.
- As a parent, you will be able to view your child’s activity and progress within the platform and communicate with teachers.
You can contact theirm on our online learning platforms (Schoology/Seasaw) Also, teachers use the ClassDojo application to communicate with their parents. If all of these outlets do not work, you can use the directory located in the Faculty/Staff tab.
If your student recieved a chromebook in the Spring, they will not receive another for the Fall. This is to ensure that ALL students have access to a chromebook. If you are having technical difficulties with your chromebook, please call out Tech Support department at (216) 838-0440.
If your student has difficulties with their technology, please call our Tech Support Department at (216) 838-0440
- Get back into the routine of school, i.e. making bed, grooming, dressing for school, etc.
- School uniforms are not required for the first 9 weeks, but scholars should wear school appropriate clothing during remote learning.
- Create a schedule with your child and make a commitment to stick with it.
- Structure and routine can greatly help your child from falling behind with assignments.
- Discuss your family’s schedule and identify the best times for learning and instruction, as well as family-oriented physical activity, such as walks outside.
- A family calendar or other visuals could be useful for keeping track of deadlines and assignments.
- Find a space in your home that’s free of distractions, noise, and clutter for learning and doing homework.
- This could be a quiet, well-lit place in your dining room or living room or a corner of your home that could fit a small table, if available.
- Watch for behavior changes in your child (e.g., excessive crying or irritation, excessive worry or sadness, unhealthy eating or sleeping habits, difficulty concentrating), which may be signs of your child struggling with stress and anxiety.
- Ask how your child is feeling and communicate that what they may be feeling is normal.
- Identify opportunities for your child to be physically active during virtual/at-home learning.
- Reach out to school staff for support.
Families have two meal service options to select from during the remote learning period. Meal pickup begins Tuesday, September 8, 2020 from 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Scholars will receive a letter in the mail with a barcode they must bring to the meal site to pick up meals.
- If you do not receive your letter in the mail, we can print it for you.
- Families must select one option to follow during the nine-week remote learning period.
- Options are available for all students PreK-12, so the family will only have one pick-up site for meal service.
Option 1: Pickup 4 days during the week
- Grab and Go meals service available at all K-8 sites will distribute lunch and breakfast Monday, Tuesday Thursday and Friday.
- On Tuesday, scholars will be given food for Tuesday AND Wednesday.
Option 2: Once a week pickup Grab and Go Meals
- Available at 17 High School sites for once a week service of meals
- All Scholars/Families can go to the closest school building to their homes
- Selection option determined through Family Care Plan the school staff are to establish with every scholar/family
High School Pickup Report Abuse1Bard HS Early College 13501 TERMINAL AVECLEVELAND, OH441352Campus International High School 3100 CHESTER AVECLEVELAND, OH441143
Cleveland School of the Arts 2064 STEARNS RDCLEVELAND, OH441064
Collinwood 15210 ST. CLAIR AVECLEVELAND, OH441105
Design Lab Early College 1740 E 32ND STCLEVELAND, OH441146
East Technical 2439 E 55TH STCLEVELAND, OH441047Garrett Morgan Campus 4600 DETROIT AVECLEVELAND, OH441028
Ginn Academy 655 E 162ND STCLEVELAND, OH441109
Glenville 650 E 113TH STCLEVELAND, OH4410810James Ford Rhodes 5100 BIDDULPH AVECLEVELAND, OH4414411Jane Addams BCC 2373 E 30TH STCLEVELAND, OH4411512John Adams 3817 MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DRCLEVELAND, OH4410513
John F. Kennedy 15111 MILES AVECLEVELAND, OH4412814
John Marshall 3952 W 140TH STCLEVELAND, OH4411115Lincoln-West 3202 W 30TH STCLEVELAND, OH4410916Max S. Hayes 2211 W 65TH STCLEVELAND, OH4410217New Tech West 11801 WORTHINGTON AVECLEVELAND, OH44111
There are a variety of ways that we communicate special announcements/events going on at Benji.
1. The teachers usually communicate with their parents via ClassDojo or another type of messaging system.
2. The Benjamin Franklin website has a calendar with important dates, it's also linked to our social media accounts to ensure it reaches everyone.
3. An IVR (Interactive Voice Response) will be sent home by a staff member regarding special instructions and dates.
4. Follow us on Facebook: Benjamin Franklin Thunderbolts, Instagram: @Benfranklinthunderbolt, and Twitter @bfranklinbolts for our latest news.
5. Check Schology and Seasaw for announcements
*Please make sure that your contact information is up-to-date to reduce any miscommunication. To update your contact information, please visit or call our front office (216) 838-3150.*