MP Mission statement:
All students will become confident communicators, critical thinkers, explore the world with character through student –centered rigorous and relevant experimental learning and problem-solving opportunities, in order to prepare them for 21st century learning goals to become productive members of society.
- Increase Attendance: 93%
- Increase Conditions For Learning Survey (CFL): 10%
- Maintain 90% Parent Involvement or more
- Increase Achievement, K-3 Readers, Gap Closing Component: 10%
- Increase Reading, Math, Science Proficiency:5-10%
How will we meet the building goals?
- 1 Communication
- 2 Collaboration
- 3 Critical Thinking
- 4 Creativity
- Unpacking Standards: focusing entirely on mastery of all verbs associated with each learning standard.
- Student Centered Instruction: providing students with 2 different pathways to demonstrate understanding of the learning target for academic growth and attainment.
- Anchor/Strategy Charts: used as an academic resource providing steps to support understanding of content, process and product.
- Formative Feedback: monitoring students' learning provides ongoing feedback in order to identify students' strengths, weaknesses and target areas that need intervention.
- Common Formative Assessments: teachers collaborating within grade levels to create team-designed, intentional measures used for the purpose of monitoring student attainment of essential learning targets throughout the instructional process.
- Depth of Knowledge (DOK): the depth of understanding required to answer or explain an assessment-related item or classroom activity.
- Personalize Learning: the pace of learning and instructional approach is optimized for the needs of each learner. Learning objectives, instructional approaches, instructional content/sequencing vary based on the learners' needs.
- 504 Accomodation/Modification
- Exact Path/Water/Zearn
- Traditional/non-traditional instructional practice
- Class Meeting: SEL/Mediation Strategies/ student/teacher data discussion