Miles Park School is committed to having a strong parent/school partnership. The Hornets’ Nest School Parent Organization is a great way caregivers can be actively involved in the development of their scholar and support the progress of the school’s mission.
SPO members can also:
- Volunteer at the school,
- Help develop effective two-way school-parent communication,
- Plan fundraising activities to support student events, and
- Collaborate with the community.
Any parent or custodial caregiver can be a member of the Miles Park SPO by virtue of having a scholar enrolled at the school.
SPO officers and Homeroom Parents are required to be parents or legal guardians of scholars. There are no fees or dues to be an active member.
If you want to be in the know? Join the SPO!
If you are unable to join us at this time, it is totally ok! There are still so many ways to be an active participant in your child's education! These include:
- Attending Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Helping your child with homework
- Talking to your child about what they learned in school that day
- Encouraging good study habits