School End Celebrations!
We have reached the end of the 2021-22 School Year and are ready to celebrate!
Ms. Michelle Reighley's class: June 1 at 10am at the Lower School Building
Ms. Alexa Ewan's class: June 1 at 11am at the Lower School Building
8th Grade Graduation
June 1 at Noon at the Lower School Building
The Last Day of School is:
May 27: Primary Pre-schoool Classes
June 3: All Grades Dismiss for Summer!
How to Log into Clever and Schoology
CMSD students are still using many of the platforms we used last year. In case you or your student has issues logging in from home, we have provided directions below.
Directions for Logging Into Clever and Schoology:
- Turn on your student’s laptop/iPad (it may require it to be plugged in for the first time)
- Locate the Clever icon on the iPad (it is a big blue C)
- Click on the Clever icon
- Select the sign in option that says “Login with School”
- Type in Stonebrook White Montessori; it will eventually populate. Make sure the one you select says it is Cleveland Metropolitan School District.
- Select "Sign On with Active Directory"
- Enter in your student’s email address AND their password
- Once logged into Clever – scroll down until you see the Schoology option (it is a big S)
- Click on Schoology
- Once inside Schoology, select “Courses” at the top of the page
- Primary classrooms ONLY have 1 course; all other classes (K-8) select the English course for your child. The Zoom link will be posted at the top of the page.
- IF, for some reason, your laptop or iPad does not have the Clever App already downloaded, you can go the District web site to access Clever. It is under the 'Students' drop down. Once you have selected Clever, follow the directions above.
Welcome to Our New Parent Ambassador!
The Stonebrook-White Montessori Campus is excited to introduce our new Parent Ambassador, Ms. Tiombe Morrow-Cheeks.
Ms. Morrow-Cheeks is a parent in our community and will be an advocate for our families and Campus. Read her Welcome Letter here.
Family SAY YES Surveys - We need YOU!
Say Yes Cleveland’s Family surveys are critical tools used each year to help Say Yes Family Support Specialists (FSS) identify the needs of students and families. The Say Yes Survey is available for Students and Families to complete at https://cleveland.sytepps.org. You can also scan the QR Code on the linked flyer.
Virtual Open House Was Great!
Thank you to all the families that participated in our Open House! It was wonderful to connect with you. It's already a great year on Campus!
Review the Open House Power Point Here
New Campus Opportunity for Grades 5 - 8
This year the District is offering scholars additional opportunities to participate in Encore classes like Music, Art, and P.E. Our Upper Campus will be offering Period 0 opportunities for 5 through 8 grades, beginning September 27.
Attention: New Dress Code Guidelines from the District
Masking for the start of school
To ensure the safety of all our students, ALL CMSD educators, students, and Campus visitors will be wearing protective face masks for the first 5 weeks of the school year. Thank you in advance for preparing your students for that expectation.
Recommend Family and Friends to Our Campus!
We are actively working to enroll Preschool through 8th grade at our Campus for next year. If you have questions or would like to enroll additional students, or recommend us to family and friends, please reach out to Shawnta' Duckworth. Ms. Shawnta' can answer any questions and walk families through the entire registration process. Reach her today at 216.838.2571 or by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Please be aware that our school time K-8 for BOTH buildings on the Campus is 9:30am to 4:00pm
Review the Carline Process for the Stonebrook Building
We have streamlined the carline process at our Stonebrook Montessori building. Parents will not be able to park at either drop-off or pick-up times. Parents will need to pull all the way through the parking lot and stop for student drop-off/pick-up at the first available traffic cone. Stonebrook staff will be available to direct and to help students out of the vehicle. Please watch the videos below.
Parent Access to Campus Buildings
Please remember that following COVID protocols, we have restricted building access to scheduled appointments. If you need to meet with your teachers or an Administrator, please call your building's secretary and request an appointment. We appreciate your understanding as we limit exposure of outside adults in our buildings for the health and safety of all.
At the Stonebrook White Montessori Campus the Community is our learning space.
Located near the Cleveland Cultural Gardens and University Circle, our two-building campus provides scholars with many educational opportunities that expand beyond the classroom. Our teachers use a hands-on curriculum that helps scholars develop the skills necessary to be successful in the 21st Century.Our students:
- Participate in art, music, gym and computer classes.
- Benefit from partnerships with Say Yes Cleveland, Famicos Foundation, Progressive Arts Alliance, Center For Arts Inspired Learning and more.
- Can choose from a variety of activities including Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, intramural sports, clubs, chess, tutoring and mentoring.
As part of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District’s long-term planning for quality schools in every neighborhood, Michael R. White School will merge with Stonebrook Montessori to create a vibrant new Montessori school option in the Glenville community.
Friday marked the launch of the Partners in Health lead screening program, which aims to reach all children ages 3-5 at four CMSD schools this year and eventually expand across the entire District.
After two years of going virtual due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 23rd annual Rock Your World with STEAM festival was back in person Saturday.
The CMSD Summer Learning Experience is back for a second year, with something for every student, from preschool through 12th grade. And it’s free. Students can finish the year strong, get ahead or engage in hands-on projects and fun activities at more than 30 school sites throughout the city.
The City of Cleveland is accepting applications for an open seat on the Board of Education. Mayor Justin Bibb will appoint a new board member to complete a term that expires June 30, 2023. The seat was vacated when Jasmine Fryer resigned last August.
CMSD parents will soon have a one-stop online platform where they can perform an array of tasks such as finding their children’s school records, submitting forms and communicating with teachers.