Welcome to the Stonebrook-White Montessori Campus!
Please Review These Important Upcoming Dates:
November 8: No School; Election Day - Get out and Vote!
November 11: No School - Veteran's Day
November 23-25: No School - Thanksgiving Break
December 9: No School for PreK and Kindergarten
December 19 - January 2: No School for Winter Break
Grading Update for Montessori Classrooms
Our Montessori-Multi Age Classrooms will be moving to a Report Card-based grading system. Our current system of creating conference reports is not compatible with the District and State platforms for reporting grades. While we have created workarounds in the past years, it is not sustainable. To support families and students receiving consistent feedback, we will be moving to the District Report Card system. We will be using the terms "Satisfactory, Needs Improvement, and Unsatisfactory". Your Classroom Teachers will continue to provide academic progression at conferences and scheduled meetings.
Use of Cell Phones
The school environment is centered around learning and being in community together. Last year, cell phone usage and abuses were common reasons for significant disruption in the classrooms, hurt feelings between friends, and unsafe behaviors. The school reserves the right to ask students to put phones away, determine where cell phone usage is allowed, and confiscate phones for parent pick-up. If a teacher or administrator asks for phones to be put away, the expectation is that students do so. Please talk to your students about safe and responsible cell phone usage during school hours.
Last year was our first year as a non-dress code District. While almost all expectations were met, there were a couple of challenges along the way. Please review the school expectations with your students:
- If a Classroom Teacher requests a student take off a hat, cap, or hoodie it is expected the student will do so without arguing, and in a timely manner.
- Ripped jeans cannot include rips that place up-high at thigh level or above.
- Shorts and skirts must be longer than a student's hand when arms are placed on their sides.
- Scholars may not be shirtless or wear under-shirts as primary clothing. Shirts must cover the entire torso area.
If you student is out of dress code, depending on the severity, we may request a change of clothes or request you pick your scholar up. We appreciate your partnership in helping avoid unnecessary calls home! You can review the Dress Code Guidelines from the District here.
Help Us Plan for After-School Activities!
Our partners at Cleveland Playhouse will be running our After-School Programming again this school year. Their team is hoping for direct input from families and scholars about interests. Please take a moment and share your thoughts and wishes with CPH to help shape our after-school offerings. Take Survey Here. Thank you!
How to Log into Clever and Schoology
CMSD students are still using many of the platforms we used last year. In case you or your student has issues logging in from home, we have provided directions below.
Directions for Logging Into Clever and Schoology:
- Turn on your student’s laptop/iPad (it may require it to be plugged in for the first time)
- Locate the Clever icon on the iPad (it is a big blue C)
- Click on the Clever icon
- Select the sign in option that says “Login with School”
- Type in Stonebrook White Montessori; it will eventually populate. Make sure the one you select says it is Cleveland Metropolitan School District.
- Select "Sign On with Active Directory"
- Enter in your student’s email address AND their password
- Once logged into Clever – scroll down until you see the Schoology option (it is a big S)
- Click on Schoology
- Once inside Schoology, select “Courses” at the top of the page
- Primary classrooms ONLY have 1 course; all other classes (K-8) select the English course for your child. The Zoom link will be posted at the top of the page.
- IF, for some reason, your laptop or iPad does not have the Clever App already downloaded, you can go the District web site to access Clever. It is under the 'Students' drop down. Once you have selected Clever, follow the directions above.
Be A Part of SMWC Parent Events!
Ms. Tiombe Morrow-Cheeks is a parent in our community and will be an advocate for our families and our Campus. She hosts monthly parents' meetings and cafes. Make sure you are on her email list and be a part of the Campus conversation! Email her here!
Vaccination Clinics Are Available Across Our Community
Families can take advantage of vaccinations at any number of sites across the city.
Find a site here
Find a Pop-Up site here
Masking for the start of school
With COVID continuing to be an issue in Cuyahoga county, students and families are welcome to continue to mask at school.
Recommend Family and Friends to Our Campus!
We are actively working to enroll Preschool through 8th grade at our Campus for next year. If you have questions or would like to enroll additional students, or recommend us to family and friends, please reach out to Shawnta' Duckworth. Ms. Shawnta' can answer any questions and walk families through the entire registration process. Reach her today at 216.838.2571 or by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Please be aware that our school time K-8 for BOTH buildings on the Campus is 9:30am to 4:00pm
Review the Carline Process for the Stonebrook Building
We have streamlined the carline process at our Stonebrook Montessori building. Parents will not be able to park at either drop-off or pick-up times. Parents will need to pull all the way through the parking lot and stop for student drop-off/pick-up at the first available traffic cone. Stonebrook staff will be available to direct and to help students out of the vehicle. Please watch the videos below.
Parent Access to Campus Buildings
Please remember that following health and safety protocols, we have restricted building access to scheduled appointments. If you need to meet with your teachers or an Administrator, please call your building's secretary and request an appointment. We appreciate your understanding as we limit exposure of outside adults in our buildings for the health and safety of all.
At the Stonebrook White Montessori Campus the Community is our learning space.
Located near the Cleveland Cultural Gardens and University Circle, our two-building campus provides scholars with many educational opportunities that expand beyond the classroom. Our teachers use a hands-on curriculum that helps scholars develop the skills necessary to be successful in the 21st Century.Our students:
- Participate in art, music, gym and computer classes.
- Benefit from partnerships with Say Yes Cleveland, Famicos Foundation, Progressive Arts Alliance, Center For Arts Inspired Learning and more.
- Can choose from a variety of activities including Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, intramural sports, clubs, chess, tutoring and mentoring.
Stonebrook-White Montessori CampusAddress: 1000 East 92nd StreetCleveland, OH 44108
Phone: 216.838.2300Campus School Hours:
9:35 a.m. - 4:05 p.m.
Principal: Ariel Hayes
Get ready for another amazing summer!
The CMSD Summer Learning Experience is back for another year with something for rising kindergarten through 12th grade scholars. The program will be held at more than 25 school sites throughout the city.
Your help is needed spending MacKenzie Scott's gift to CMSD
All CMSD scholars, educators, CMSD parents and caregivers are invited to share their ideas on how the funding can be creatively used. If you have a vision of how the educational experience of a school, building, department, or division can be advanced, you are encouraged to share your idea.
Feedback sought on 2023-24 Calendar
CMSD is requesting your help in finalizing our 2023-2024 School Year Calendar!
CMSD Now Offers Free Online Tutors
Students in kindergarten through 12th grade can receive live online tutoring from CMSD teachers in reading and English Language Arts, math, science and social studies from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Additionally, tutoring will be available to students in 6th through 12th grades 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through TutorMe.