What is a Student Support Team (SST)?
• Problem-solving group of school staff in each building that
addresses any problems that a student may have — academic,
emotional, behavioral, attendance, etc.
• SST Core Team made up of a school administrator, teacher, and an
assigned support staff member (e.g. school nurse, psychologist or
• Meets weekly to discuss the issues and problems of students and
to preform as a resource for teachers to address concerns
• Goal of the team is to assist teachers in the identification of
appropriate, evidence-based interventions that will produce
positive results for students as well as looking for group and
• Referrals can be made by any staff member, parent or agency
• Referral for special education is not an automatic outcome of the
If you have concerns regarding your child's academic and/or social/emotional needs and would like to discuss your concerns with the Cleveland School of the Arts Student Support Team, please contact SST coordinator Michelle Brickner: firstname.lastname@example.org