What is a Student Support Team (SST)?
• Problem-solving group designed to addresses a student's academic, emotional, behavioral, attendance, technology or other issues that pose a barrier to the student's education process
• CSA's SST Team meetings weekly on Friday afternoons to review referrals, to discuss the issues and problems of students, and
to perform as a resource for teachers to address concerns
• Goal of the team is to assist teachers in the identification of appropriate, evidence-based interventions that will produce
positive results for students as well as looking for group and school trends
• Referral for special education is not an automatic outcome of the
Who can refer a student to the Student Support Team?
• Referrals can be made by any staff member, parent or agency
How do I refer a student to the Student Support Team?
• Fill out the SST Referral Form online HERE.
Who is on CSA's Student Support Team:
- Ms. Michelle Brickner - SST Faculty Lead / Teacher Representative
- Dr. John LePelley - Head of School / Principal
- Ms. Abi Nosse - School Psychologist
Extended Support Team:
- Ms. Renee DiBiasio - Assistant Head of School
- Ms. Tyler Hughley - PCIA and Social-Emotional Learning Coordinator
- Ms. Emily Jeffries - Dance Teacher
- Ms. Brittinie Jermon - Say Yes Family Support Specialist
- Ms. Celia Kaplan - Bellefair School-Based Therapist
- Ms. Audra Woods - Library Media Specialist
If you have concerns or questions regarding your child's academic and/or social/emotional needs and would like to discuss your concerns with the Cleveland School of the Arts Student Support Team, please contact SST coordinator Michelle Brickner: email@example.com