PROSPECTIVE CSA FAMILIES: VIRTUAL AUDITIONS-DEADLINE EXTENDED
**We are currently accepting auditions until all seats are filled. Please submit your auditions and complete the CMSD School Choice Portal Application ASAP!**
1.CMSD School Choice Application Portal: https://www.clevelandmetroschools.org/schoolchoice
2. Interview(Must complete for all majors): https://flipgrid.com/a00a7572
3. Arts Audition(choose at least one):
- Band: https://flipgrid.com/1cb7cef7
- Orchestra: https://flipgrid.com/536ef942
- Dance: https://flipgrid.com/b9ed47b0
- Theater: https://flipgrid.com/3ec2190c
- Creative Writing: https://flipgrid.com/06820674
- Visual Arts: https://flipgrid.com/e1ef0a49
- Vocal Music: https://flipgrid.com/45ed300a
- Integrated Arts: https://flipgrid.com/a78fb877
Contact Renee DiBiasio at 216-220-7057 with admissions questions (text messages preferred)
Admissions Process for Cleveland School of the Arts
Cleveland School of the Arts
Cleveland School of the Arts is a FREE PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL. Nestled in Cleveland’s University Circle neighborhood, Cleveland School of the Arts (CSA) is connected to countless opportunities at world-renowned museums, prestigious universities, nationally recognized hospitals, eclectic restaurants, beautiful parks and cozy spaces. It is here that you’ll find one of the most beautiful high school campuses in the city – and we’re not just saying that!
CSA is an arts intensive college preparatory program where passionate artist scholars receive the training, education and support to EXCEL TODAY and PERFORM FOREVER. CSA is the region’s only comprehensive performing, visual, and creative arts high school. Our dedicated staff is committed to ensuring that our scholars strive every day to be the best that they can be in their coursework and in their chosen arts discipline. We know that our student will help to build the future of our world and must be prepared to meet all of life’s challenges with confidence.
CSA offers the following art majors:
- Creative Writing
- Integrated Arts
- Vocal Music
- Visual Arts
We welcome incoming students for grades 9-12 from across the District and Northeast Ohio area. When school is in session, CMSD provides free RTA transportation for all students at CSA.
Applicants must complete both the CMSD School Choice Application AND the CSA Virtual Audition to be considered for admission. T
Admissions & Recruitment Process
Cleveland School of the Arts (CSA) will open audition on November 16th, 2020 for the 2021-2022 School Year. Students are only able to start at CSA at the beginning of the academic year.
Incomoing Freshman and current high school students who are interested in attending CSA must complete all if the auditions and admissions steps as well as any additional requirements for transfering or out of district students.
Cleveland School of the Arts (CSA) strives to prepare students for success in post-secondary institutions upon completion of their high school course of study. Studying the Arts requires additional time, work, and dedication outside of the general requirements for high school graduation; therefore, CSA requires students to show discipline and commitment to their Arts and Academic studies through a multistep Admissions process including
1. Complete the Choose CMSD Application.
2. You will need a Gmail Email account in order to complete your virtual audition.
3. Complete the CSA Audition Information Form
4. Complete the CSA Audition Interview & CSA Arts Audition
5. Return to the Choose CMSD Portal and ACCEPT the offer for CSA IF you receive one. You will only receive an offer if you passed the audition. Offers from Early & Spring Auditions not accepted by May 28th will be moved to the waitlist
6. Enroll in CMSD
The following will also be considered:
- Attendance – No more than ten unexcused absences in one year
- Standardized Test Scores (non-CMSD students will be required to upload most recent scores)
- Academic Records (non-CMSD students will be required to upload most recent report card. Current high school students will need the report card and transcript)
- Comments/Reflections from two Recommenders (contact information is required at the time of application submission)
- CSA will hold Early, Winter, and Spring Auditions this year.
- Students are encouraged to apply early before seats are filled.
- Due to COVID, all CSA auditions will be virtual this year.
- Due to the rigorous nature of CSA’s Arts and Academic curriculum, CSA has limited support available to students who may need credit recovery.
- A complete transcript including all high school coursework is required at the time of the application. The transcript will be reviewed by our guidance team to determine if a student will be able to successfully complete their course of study at CSA before acceptance is determined.
- Transfer students must follow the same Admissions Process as incoming freshmen.
- Official OST (Ohio State Tests) scores, including standard scores for any student transferring from a middle or high school in Ohio, must be submitted for admission. Tests required are as follows:
- Student entering grade 10: Grade 9 test scores – Algebra 1, English 1
- Student entering grade 11: Grade 10 test scores – Geometry, Biology, American History, English 2, and all grade 9 tests
- Student entering grade 12: American Government and all grade 9 and 10 test scores.
- Admission decisions will be communicated through your ChooseCMSD.org Portal account.
- If you received an offer to attend, you must log in to the School Choice Portal and accept or decline the offer as soon as possible.
- If you do not accept the offer by the deadline, you risk losing your seat. If your child currently attends CMSD, you still must accept the school choice offer in the portal, but you do not need to do anything else at that time.
- If your student does not currently attend CMSD, you need to complete a CMSD Enrollment Form and register your student. You must provide additional registration documents, including your child’s birth certificate, immunization records and proof of residency.If you do not enroll by the deadline you will be moved to the waitlist.
CMSD Inclusion Policy
Schools are prohibited from using an applicant’s national origin or English proficiency to exclude or deny otherwise qualified applicants from participation in their program. The evaluation of a student’s application materials for admission to any District school, including but not limited to any tests, written or verbal essays, interviews, and teacher recommendations, will measure the student’s ability to meet the specific program requirements and not the student’s English language skills. All individuals and entities responsible for enrollment at any school that maintains enrollment criteria is responsible to ensure that the criteria for enrollment do not directly or indirectly deny or exclude students on the basis of their national origin or their need for English language services. Interpreters are available to facilitate the application and enrollment process by contacting the Multilingual Office at 216-838-6972 or email: email@example.com.