Welcome to Cleveland School of the Arts, Department of Admissions. Would you like to be kept up to date on news and events surrounding auditions and enrollment? Sign up to receive our admissions newsletter and never miss important information.
Summer auditions will be conducted online via FlipGrid and reviewed on a weekly basis. Thank you for your patience as our teachers will be on summer vacation and not able to review applications as often as during the school year. Questions can be addressed to email@example.com. Emails will get a quicker response than a voicemail to the audition line due to summer staffing. In addition, many of our majors have very limited slots, so please be prepared and do your best in your audition. Make sure to follow all prompts and answer all questions in the instructions. Please use the following links in order to audition:
- Band: https://flip.com/16a00b41
- Choir: https://flip.com/ad9ff6b1
- Creative Writing: https://flip.com/c8662899
- Dance: https://flip.com/e413b158
- Orchestra: https://flip.com/dcc4c4c9
- Theater: https://flip.com/5bddebf3
PROSPECTIVE CSA FAMILIES:
Prospective students apply to CSA by completing the following:
1. The CMSD High School Choice Application at: CMSD School Choice Application.
2. Students will come to CSA for an in-person audition on one of the available dates during the school year (dates TBD).
3. Students will be contacted via the CMSD School Choice portal with the school admission decision and then complete the necessary enrollment documents.
CMSD School Choice Application Portal:CMSD School Choice Application.
Families with questions can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions Process for Cleveland School of the Arts
Cleveland School of the Arts
Cleveland School of the Arts is a FREE PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL. Nestled in Cleveland’s University Circle neighborhood, Cleveland School of the Arts (CSA) is connected to countless opportunities at world-renowned museums, prestigious universities, nationally recognized hospitals, eclectic restaurants, beautiful parks and cozy spaces. It is here that you’ll find one of the most beautiful high school campuses in the city – and we’re not just saying that!
CSA is an arts intensive college preparatory program where passionate artist scholars receive the training, education and support to EXCEL TODAY and PERFORM FOREVER. CSA is the region’s only comprehensive performing, visual, and creative arts high school. Our dedicated staff is committed to ensuring that our scholars strive every day to be the best that they can be in their coursework and in their chosen arts discipline. We know that our students will help to build the future of our world and must be prepared to meet all of life’s challenges with confidence.
CSA offers the following art majors:
- Creative Writing
- Vocal Music
- Visual Arts
We welcome incoming students for grades 9-12 from across the District and Northeast Ohio area. When school is in session, CMSD provides free RTA transportation for all students at CSA.
Applicants must complete both the CMSD School Choice Application AND the CSA Audition to be considered for admission.
- Due to the rigorous nature of CSA’s Arts and Academic curriculum, CSA has limited support available to students who may need credit recovery.
- A complete transcript including all high school coursework is required at the time of the application. The transcript will be reviewed by our guidance team to determine if a student will be able to successfully complete their course of study at CSA before acceptance is determined.
- Transfer students must follow the same Admissions Process as incoming freshmen.
- Official OST (Ohio State Tests) scores, including standard scores for any student transferring from a middle or high school in Ohio, must be submitted for admission. Tests required are as follows:
- Student entering grade 10: Grade 9 test scores – Algebra 1, English 1
- Student entering grade 11: Grade 10 test scores – Geometry, Biology, American History, English 2, and all grade 9 tests
- Student entering grade 12: American Government and all grade 9 and 10 test scores.
- Admission decisions will be communicated through your ChooseCMSD.org Portal account.
- If you receive an offer to attend, you must log in to the School Choice Portal and accept or decline the offer as soon as possible.
- If you do not accept the offer by the deadline, you risk losing your seat. If your child currently attends CMSD, you still must accept the school choice offer in the portal, but you do not need to do anything else at that time.
- If your student does not currently attend CMSD, you need to complete a CMSD Enrollment Form and register your student. You must provide additional registration documents, including your child’s birth certificate, immunization records and proof of residency.If you do not enroll by the deadline you will be moved to the waitlist.
CMSD Inclusion Policy
Schools are prohibited from using an applicant’s national origin or English proficiency to exclude or deny otherwise qualified applicants from participation in their program. The evaluation of a student’s application materials for admission to any District school, including but not limited to any tests, written or verbal essays, interviews, and teacher recommendations, will measure the student’s ability to meet the specific program requirements and not the student’s English language skills. All individuals and entities responsible for enrollment at any school that maintains enrollment criteria is responsible to ensure that the criteria for enrollment do not directly or indirectly deny or exclude students on the basis of their national origin or their need for English language services. Interpreters are available to facilitate the application and enrollment process by contacting the Multilingual Office at 216-838-6972 or email: email@example.com.