Dance Admissions Requirements
Dance students will participate in a Ballet and Modern technique class. Following the technique instruction, students will have the opportunity to present a prepared solo piece. Please note, the CSA Dance course of study focuses on Classical Ballet and Modern technique. We do not offer classes in hip-hop.
- Any style that the dancer feels best represents his/her strengths.
- The student must bring their own music either on a CD or a MP3 player.
- If using a cell phone, it must be put in airplane mode to not interrupt the audition.
Audition Dress Requirements:
- All students must wear clothes that are comfortable for movement. Students are not permitted to wear jewelry or excessively baggy clothing during the audition. All students must securely pull their hair back.
- Girls preferred attire: leotard, tights and ballet shoes; or dance attire with jazz shoes.
- Boys preferred attire: tights or fitted shorts, white t-shirt, and ballet or jazz shoes.