Visual Arts Admissions Requirements
Students studying Visual Arts will learn the elements of art and visual design. Students may take courses in drawing, painting, community art, 3D design, ceramics, fashion, printmaking, photography, and art history. Students are encouraged to emphasize their creativity, perspective, and imagination through original pieces.
- All students will draw a still life at auditions and should have a portfolio of work.
- Present a well-rounded portfolio is suggested.
- All work must be created by the student.
- In addition to the portfolio, if you use a sketchbook, be sure to have it available to review.
Portfolio Requirements (Writing samples):
- 7-10 pieces that show your understanding of composition, spacing, use of color, and diversity in technique as an artist.
- Painting, drawing, photography, graphic design, sculpture, fashion design, and other 3D work are all accepted in the portfolio.
- Portfolio should include at least two drawings done from observation.
- Artwork can be any size.
- Students should be prepared to speak to the adjudicators about their work and answer questions about the work.