Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Sondra Powers
Ms. Sondra Powers serves as an Assistant Principal at Wade Park School. Sondra brings 29 years of dedication to the education of CMSD children. She has served as a classroom teacher, Social Studies Specialist, Assistant Principal, Curriculum and Instructional Specialist, and Principal. Ms. Powers has an unwavering desire to assist the teachers and staff of Wade Park to reach their full potential as educators.
Sondra Powers has a Bachelors in Elementary Education, Masters of Science in Administration & Supervision; Principal Certification, and Associate of Science in Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement.
Some of Sondra Powers Accomplishments:
• Administrator’s Certification in Montessori Education
• 15 years as a principal in CMSD
• As the Principal at Marion Sterling received funding for a complete Media Center upgrade and updated playground.
Sondra has set the following goals for the upcoming school year:
• Increase the parental involvement at Wade Park
• Improve the K-3 Literacy score on the State Report Card
• Increase the SEL at Wade Park
• Collaborate with teachers to assist with writing and receiving grants for classrooms and students.