Instrumental Music Admissions Requirements
Instrumental students will perform a prepared piece. Students may also be asked to sight-read music, sing, and/or play scales. Students are welcome to audition on piano and guitar but will be coached to help find their primary instrument of study for their time at CSA, as those instruments are not a primary focus at this time.
- Student will be asked to perform a prepared 2-3 minute solo piece or an excerpt of an ensemble piece of the song.
- Must bring their own instrument and music.
- Will need to play, at minimum, a one octave scale.
- Percussionists need to bring sticks and mallets.
- A piano/keyboard will be provided.
- Provide an additional copy of the sheet music for review.