Theatre Admissions Requirements
Theatre students must perform a memorized monologue (a spoken performance done by one person) from a play, novel, poem or original material. In addition to performing the prepared monologue for the adjudicators, students will participate in a series of theatre warm-ups, and improvisation activities. Students should wear clothing that they can move in.
- Bring two printed copies of the monologue and comment the source of material for adjudicators.
- Monologues must be between 1-2 minutes in length.
- The piece should be age-appropriate.
- Monologues must be memorized.
- If possible, read the entire play, novel, etc. while preparing the monologue to have a better understanding of the character you are portraying.
- A chair will be provided, if any other props needed, it must be brought with you.