Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to the new school year and Intervention, Room A200! I’m thrilled to have your Wildflower on my caseload this year and look forward to getting to know you and your Wildflower better. Together, we’ll form a productive partnership to ensure your child achieves her highest potential and all of her learning goals.
I’m looking forward to a year filled with challenges and excitement. The following outline is to help you understand what your Wildflower will be focusing on throughout the school year. This year, we will focus on the following areas:
· Narrative and Argumentative Writing using research-based interventions, such as RAFT, RACES, and Writer’s Workshop
· Math small group instruction including peer mentor groups
· Math instruction both inside and out of the classroom using research-based methods
· Specialized reading instruction tailored to your Wildflower’s specific needs as outlined on her IEP.
In order to support your Wildflower’s learning, I ask that you ensure that she:
· Arrives at school each day on time and ready to learn.
· Completes all homework assignments on time. (Shortened assignments per IEP will have highlighted problems/questions).
· Is ready to work when it is her Intervention time.
· Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of and involved in the learning process.
· Informs you (or myself) if additional support is needed in any Goal area.
If you have any questions about these items please don’t hesitate to ask me! In addition, if you have questions or concerns about any part of the school year please reach out to me either during school hours, by email at Georgia.firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 216-838-8950
Let’s work together to make this the best school year ever for your Wildflower!
Ms. Georgia Gordon