Letter from the Head of School
The girl scholars, staff, and administration of the Warner Girls' Leadership Academy welcome you to our website. We are confident that you will find the information on this site useful and that you will learn more about what makes the WGLA a special place for your daughter to:
- Grow in a safe environment.
- Lead to make a global impact fore others.
- Achieve academic mastery wherever she is.
Opened in September 2007, the Warner Girls' Leadership Academy is a public school with more than 400 girls from Prekindergarten to eighth grade. This progressive and joyful academy is housed in a well-maintained state-of-the-art building labeled to reflect our gardening school theme:
WGLA has dedicated and experienced educators, a progressive Parent Advisory Committee (PAC), and caring families. The Warner Girls' Leadership Academy is committed to providing a safe, caring, and challenging educational environment that promotes learning and achievement for all girls. We recognize and celebrate the diverse learning styles, interests, talents, and cultures of our girls and strive to offer a rich variety of meaningful learning experiences that will inspire innovative thinkers and confident learners.
- 25 Classrooms; named after United States female colleges
- Cafeteria and Auditorium: Gar-café-torium (Garden Cafeteria, and Auditorium)
- Gymnasium: Gardenasium
- 2 Science labs: Greenhouse 1 and Greenhouse 2
- 2 Music rooms (named after U.S. female colleges)
- Playgrounds: Arboretum (1-6)/ garden yard (PK-k)
- Hallways: Ivy Vines
- Restrooms: Flower pots
- Office: Main Garden Center
- Library/ Multimedia Center: Orchard
- Computer lab: Mustard Seed 1
- Planning Center: The Wayward plant center
- Art room with a Kiln: (named after a college)
If you have any questions please contact the Main Garden Center at 216-838-8950.Respectfully,
Kristel Wilkins, Head of School