The Office of Family and Community Engagement (FACE) is responsible for the development of programs and strategies to support the meaningful district-wide engagement of families and community stakeholders in The Cleveland Plan. At the core of our work is expanding the capacity of schools to partner with families and community-based organizations in support of student achievement and school improvement.
The Office of Family and Community Engagement (FACE) is committed to authentic engagement of families/parents and community partners that reflects the following core values:
- All families have hopes and dreams for their children and want the best for them.
- All families have the capacity to support their children’s learning.
- Families and school staff should be equal partners in the education of children.
- The primary responsibility for building partnerships between home and school rests mainly with school leaders and staff.
- Our community partners and stakeholders are valuable contributors to the education of our students in preparing them to compete in the 21st Century Global Economy and are critical to the success of The Cleveland Plan and the continued vitality of the region.
Every school will welcome every family and student (regardless of race, ethnicity, religious or sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, linguistic differences, or family structure). They will work to actively engage families, community agencies and volunteers as partners in student learning and school improvement.
- November is National Family Engagement Month
- Academic Playbook
- Parent University
- Family Engagement Supports & Resources
- Ohio Department of Education | Parents
- SEL Discussion Series for Parents and Caregivers
- 5 Social-Emotional Skills for Parents
WGLA School Parent Organization
The goal of the WGLA SPO is to engage educators, parents/caregivers, and the community as we collectively strive to develop the next generation of confident, competent, and compassionate female leaders. We have a new team of educators that have taken up this extremely vital charge and are in the process of organizing our WGLA School Parent Organization for the 2023-2024 school year! The SPO encourages and supports parent engagement in a variety of ways, including:
- Identifying and organizing volunteer opportunities
- Supporting school improvement goals
- Helping plan workshops and programs
- Providing input for the school's Academic Achievement Plan
- Assisting with the development of the School Parent Involvement policy
- Developing effective two-way school-parent communication
- Planning fundraising activities to support student events
- Collaboration with the community
A parent or caregiver is a member of our school's SPO by virtue of having a wildflower enrolled at WGLA! There are no fees or dues to be an active member.