COVID Safety Measures
CMSD uses extensive safety measures to protect students, staff and visitors from COVID-19. The list includes:
- Mask requirement for all students and adults in any District school, office, or facility regardless of vaccination status
- Temperature check upon entry to every District school
- Care clinics staffed with a full-time health professional at each school
- Providing sanitation gel, sanitation wipes, and other PPE in every classroom and office
- Maintaining 3-feet social distancing wherever possible
- Displaying random digital pop-up reminders on all staff computers daily
- Daily fogging each classroom and office with sanitation mist and misting each bus at the conclusion of every run
- Bringing custodians in 2 hours early each day to perform a fresh-air ventilation flush before school begins
- Running portable air sanitizing units in classrooms and offices of any building that does not have a modernized HVAC system and in band and choir rooms of HVAC buildings
- Using high-grade air filters in HVAC buildings
- Providing access to and information about vaccination clinics for students, parents/caregivers, and employees
- Providing random, voluntary weekly COVID testing opportunities for students and staff in all schools
- Because COVID is airborne, our protocols direct our cleaners to pull trash and sanitize rooms before mopping floors and other tasks.
- Providing every classroom with hand sanitation gel and wipes. Students and adults are expected to wipe down their work areas daily as well.
- Each school has a safety team composed of the principal, union chair and custodian to identify and solve COVID-related problems.