RESEARCH REVIEW COMMITTEE (RRC)
The RRC reviews and tracks all research efforts in the District to ensure that:
- the research is aligned with District goals;
- research is not duplicative or unnecessarily burdensome to students or school personnel;
- all required procedures are followed when conducting research with human subjects in school settings; and
- research projects do not overlap in ways that make it difficult to interpret the findings.
Our definition of “research”
The RRC defines research very broadly. You must submit a proposal to the RRC if you propose to:
- conduct analyses of administrative data that is not already publicly available;
- collect any information from students, parents, teachers, or administrators;
- conduct or record observations in a classroom, school, or after-school setting; and/or
- recruit students, parents, or school personnel to participate in research-related activities.
This includes (but is not limited to) all observations, interviews, focus groups, and surveys. If you have any questions, please email ResearchEvaluation@ClevelandMetroSchools.org.