Other Resources to support students learning!Username: Learning20Password: CliffordThe site includes daily lessons for PreK/K, Grades 1–2, Grades 3, 4, 5, and Grades 6,7,8 and high school. Just click on the button and get started.
- Don’t forget to complete your daily Spring Break Learning Packet.
- Activities have been assembled for scholars in Grades K through 12.
- Click on the button below to access or stop by one of the 22 Meal sites for a printed copy.
- Please complete an English Language and Mathematics activity each day.
Free Advanced Placement Online Review Courses
AP Online Review Courses start Wednesday, March 25, 2020 (9am - 7pm). Find information and schedule here.
Internet access assistance for families
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- Spectrum Internet Assist- Get high-speed internet at an affordable price. Spectrum Internet Assist is available exclusively to qualified households.
College Credit Plus Students
Many colleges are moving to remote instruction of traditional face-to-face courses for the remainder of this semester. Students who are participating in College Credit Plus should be prepared to transition to remote instruction. Check your college's website for additional information.
- Access issues, please reach out to your College Credit Plus coordinator at the college your attending to alert the institution.
- Each college has a plan and will communicate with you through your college email address.
- Check daily your college email and student account for the most up-to-date information from your college.
- Other questions or need help, please contact Anthony Battaglia, Director of Career and College Readiness at 216.838.0164 or email. He’s ready to help!
**New** - College Board has announced free recourses to support students currently enrolled in AP courses. Please take a look at your specific course for the support that is available.
Online District Resources
- CMSD Frequent Contacts List
- Project ACT Important Phone Numbers
- Accelerated Reader Book Finder
- Renaissance Home Connect
- Renaissance Learning Place
- Online Learning Resources for English Learners
- District Assessment Tests
- IMPORTANT DISTRICT FORMS - (504, Parent/Grandparent, Student information, Assessment...)
- From the School Nurse
- Parent Notification Rights FERPA
- Watch Story Time From Willson School - Staff does sign language while reading books.
Cleveland Play House CARE online
FREE Online Programming for Your Scholars! Cleveland Play House is providing CARE Classes and enrichment programming for free to your scholars online. You can log on with Zoom using a computer, tablet, or smart phone. To learn how to join classes, watch this video tutorial: tinyurl.com/zoomcph
See flyer for daily schedule.
- Ohio Department of Education resources page - main page containing lots of information and helpful tools for every grade level.
- Ohio Department of Health resources page - contains lots of resources for learning at home for parents and families.
- Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilites resources page
- Family Friendly Curriculum Guides (Pacing guides for reading and writing, mathematics, science, and social studies for grades pre-kindergarten - ten. Created by our families and presented in casual rather than formal English to make them more "family friendly."
- Ohio Department of Education Learning (Links to Web sites from across the country that provide resources, contacts, and educational and family learning tools and tips. Some sites also include information on parent organizations and educational learning sites.)
- Distance Learning Resources - Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- Child Care Search -The Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services and the Ohio Department of Education remind parents to visit ChildCareSearch.Ohio.gov when searching for before- and after- school care for their children.
- ACE Mentor Program Student Career Resources
- Us Dept. of Education - Office of Postsecondary Education - Education Planning (Go-to source for information and resources about planning, preparing and paying for postsecondary education.)
- CollegeData.com (Choose, prepare, apply and for college with advice and tools. Get college admission help. Search for colleges & scholarships.)
- Ohio Board of Regents (Good information for your students as they prepare for life beyond high school.)
- Common Application (Provides an admission application – online and print – that students may submit to any of our 346 members.)
- Open Education Database (Offers college, career choice, financial aid and scholarship information.)
Online Learning Tools
- www.Funbrain.com is a popular online destination for interactive, educational games for children of all ages. Search for a game by grade level (Pre-K – 12) title, or subject (math, science, history, reading). Funbrain’s games and tools teach everything from how to build Web pages in HTML to how to spell with Spellaroo.
- Khan Academy kids - Inspire a lifetime of learning and discovery with our free, fun educational program for children ages two to six. Download the mobile app.
- Khan Academy - From Algebra to World History, learn what you want, at your own pace–with 4,000 videos, 400 skills to practice–alongside millions of other learners.
- PBS Learning Media -
- www.Starfall.com is used by teachers in the classroom and by parents at home to reinforce a student's love of reading by using friendly, colorful and active games.
- At www.Storylineonline.net, visitors can watch videos of famous actors Al Gore, Jason Alexander, Amber Rose Tamblyn, and Haylie Duff reading popular kids books.
- Help you child learn to read - Colorín Colorado, a bilingual site for families of English Language Learners.
- www.Plimoth.org – Visit the year 1627 in a self-guided tour at your own pace. So feel free to wander around the village. Do not be afraid to walk in on colonists as they eat, question them as they work, or join a lively conversation in the street.
- www.Americanrhetoric.com includes indexes, full MP3s and excerpts from many of America's most celebrated public speeches including the top 100 Speeches of the 20th Century by Rank.
- www.Coolmath.com is an animated, fun Web site designed for ages 3-100, offering interactive math games, puzzles, an online calculator, and a coloring book. There are also suggestions for how to succeed in math and how to find a career in mathematics.
- Kids learning Web sites for the New York Philharmonic (www.nyphilkids.org) and the San Francisco Symphony (www.sfskids.org) are outstanding Web sites for learning about music, instruments, composition, symbols, rhythm and more. Both sites off er students opportunities to talk with people in the symphony and to experiment with creating their own music.
- Take virtual art classes from the Beck Center with #BeckatHome on YouTube
Physical Education / Health and Wellness
- Gopher – https://www.gophersport.com/blog/at-home-learning-resources/ - Working on creating Active @ Home activity cards this week. More to come on this soon!
- SPARK – https://blog.sparkpe.org/blog/sparkhome/ - Launched SPARKhome, which provides free K-12 lesson plans
- 3 weeks of materials for K-2, 3-6, MS, and HS physical education
- Available via SPARKecademy (free access with an account)
- Dynamic PE ASAP – https://www.gophersport.com/blog/dynamic-pe-asap-in-home-lesson-plans/
- Tune in Everyday at 11am and 1 pm for the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo's Virtual Classroom. Watch their Facebook Live feed to learn about a new animal with each episode at 11am and experience the great outdoors ar 1pm.
- Take a Virtual Tour of many of the Worlds best museums. (Travel and Leisure)
- 20 Things to Do with Young Kids When You’re Stuck Inside
- 15 Easy Sensory Play Recipes for Kids - edible slime anyone?
- Take a Virtual Tour of Yellowstone National Park
- Fun activities to do at home with NASA STEM@Home - by grade level. 10 Ways Students Can Prepare to #BeAnAstronaut
- MetroHealth - Department of Arts in Health - resources to help engage and express yourself in the arts while at home. English | Español
- Story Time From Space - Listen (and see) to Astronauts read stories while they are in space!
- Watch Live Animal Cameras - Love the Bald Eagles! What is your favorite?