District-wide Health Consent Form
The new district-wide health consent form does three important things:
- It captures basic health information about the scholar.
- It gives the school permission to share information about the scholar and their health with specific local health care providers (the list is online here).
- It gives the external health care providers who are covered on the form (the list is online here) permission to deliver any of the services that are NOT crossed out/denied on the form.
The benefits of this form for scholars and families include:
- Saves parents/caregivers time when scholars need health care at school by reducing the paperwork they need to complete. When they get a call that their scholar needs services, they can decide what to do and the school can connect their child to care faster.
- The form follows the scholar throughout CMSD and over time, so families don’t have to fill it out repeatedly.
- Many trusted local health care providers have agreed to use this form, so scholars have access to more options when they need care fast.