The Policy Liaison is responsible for government affairs and public policy work on behalf of the District.This office works closely with the CEO, Board, and Senior Leadership to ensure positive relationships and clear, consistent communication with lawmakers, community partners, and other officials at the local, state, and federal levels. The Policy Liaison also advocates on behalf of the District regarding legislative and regulatory items of interest, particularly those with a direct impact on CMSD.
CMSD Policy News
- CEO Search Update: Finalists identified, set to engage with CMSD community
- Latest on the State budget
- Join us for the 2023 Mega Health Expo!
- Students make first round of Get More Opportunities grant awards
- CEO Search Update
- Latest on the State Budget
- School Choice Website Re-Opens, Fairs to be Held
- CEO Search survey is now LIVE!
- Community meetings planned for January 17, 18, and 19
- Lame duck wrap-up & budget season ahead
- Glenville Tarblooders: State Champions!
- Free tutoring now available for all CMSD students!
- Best wishes for a happy holiday season and wonderful New Year!
- CMSD receives historic gift from MacKenzie Scott
- High School Choice begins Nov. 28!
- 2022 General Election Recap
- Preparing for lame duck, new General Assembly
- Scholars engage in 2022 election process
- Students, Bibb administration partner on violence prevention
- Former CMSD building sees second life as manufacturing hub
Vol. 74: October 2022
- CEO Eric Gordon delivers final State of the Schools Address
- Report card reflects recovery, progress, and pandemic impact
- District launches Parent Advisory Committee
- Updates provided on Segment 8 facilities process and more.
Vol 73: May 2022
Secretary of Transportation visits CMSD, Learning Lab, 23rd Rock Your World with Steam
Vol 72: April 2022
Summer Learning, CMSD Advocacy Days, HB 126
Vol 71: March 2022
Title I Update, Dollars 4 Doses, HB 583
Vol 70: February 2022
Black History Month, School Renaming Review, CMSD 360
Vol:69 January 2022
Talk to the CEO, High School Choice Events, HB 126
Vol 68: December 2021
First Semester Recap, State Policy Priorities, HB 169
Vol: 67 November 2021
Major Investment, PACE Initiative, HB99
Vol 66: October 2021
CMSD Report Card, What is Critical Race Theory?
Vol 65: September 2021
State of the Schools, Investment Areas
Vol 64: August 2021
The CMSD Experience, Honoring Tamir Rice
Vol 63: July 2021
Budget Recap, Family Care Conversation
Vol 62: June 2021
CMSD Budget Alert, Creating a new normal
Vol 61: May 2021
The CMSD Summer Learning Experience, HB 110: School Funding
Vol 60: April 2021
CMSD's Legislative Priorities
Vol: 59: March 2021
Welcome Back, American Rescue Plan
Vol 58: February 2021
Transitioning to Hybrid, HB 1
Vol 57: January 2021
Reopening CMSD, American Rescue Plan
Vol 56: December 2020
COVID-19 Stimulus Relief and HB 409
Vol. 55: November 2020
Thank You Cleveland, HB 305
Contact InformationBen SchaeferPolicy Liaison, CEO OfficeOffice: 216.838.0031 | EmailFollow us on twitter: