How do recipients opt-in to receive text messages?
1. Text “YES” to 68453 from each phone or device from which they wish to receive texts.
2. Confirm that your phone is on file at your schoolHow do recipients opt-out of receiving text messages?
Recipients not wishing to receive text messages to a particular number can simply do one of the following:
1. Don’t opt-in, and don’t reply to the opt-in invitation message.
2. Text “STOP” to 68453 at any time.
3. Opt out online at http://schoolmessenger.com/txtmsg
4. Request that the SchoolMessenger system administrator add the number to the account’s phone number block list. I received a text message that says it’s from SchoolMessenger? What does it mean?
That was the opt-in invitation message sent by SchoolMessenger if it was from 68453 and it said: Cleveland Metropolitan School District text messages. Reply Y for aprx 3 msgs/mo. Txt HELP 4info. Msg&data rates may apply. Seeschoolmessenger.com/tm
I opted in, but I’m not receiving texts. Why?
- To continue receiving informational text messages from the school district reply with “YES”.
- If you do not reply, you will not receive any future texts from SchoolMessenger.
Ensure that the district has included your correct phone number in the database (Student Information System or HR System) in the SMS phone fields that are synchronized with SchoolMessenger. It may take 24 hours for this number to be active after being changed or added to the district’s system.
- Send a text with the word “YES” from that specific phone or device to 68453. You should receive an opt-in confirmation message from the service.
- If you want to receive texts on multiple phones or devices, you must opt-in from each one.
- Confirm that the district has attempted to send a SchoolMessenger broadcast that includes a text message to your phone number. If you have tried all of the above, please contact your wireless provider to determine if your account is setup to receive messages from a short code account.