Professional Organizations for Science Teachers
Powerful teacher networks can be a way to make professional connections that not only support your career, but also enable powerful change, encourage growth, and ultimately make your classroom a better place.
- Meghan Everette
National Science Teachers Association
Top Benefits of NSTA membership
- Access to our award-winning journals full of content and classroom-tested teaching tips.
- Exclusive access to one of our 20 listservs where you can find mentors, share ideas, and get answers to your everyday questions.
- Substantial discounts—20% NSTA Press books and significant discounts to the NSTA Area and National Conferences on Science Education.
Top Benefits of SECO membership
- SUPPORT—provides updates and informs members of current issues in science education on both the state and national level; provides recognition through annual awards; provides opportunities to share with other professionals; offers mini-grants that encourage science education and teacher development.
- PROFESSIONAL GROWTH—distributes information, teaching ideas, safety resources, and other informative resources to encourage and promote innovational and effective teaching and learning; distributes a newsletter and the Agora, the journal of science education innovations.
Join Now - includes membership to the Science Education Council of Ohio (SECO)
Cleveland Regional Council of Science Teachers
Supporting P-16 science educators in Northeast Ohio.