Web Resources for Parents
The use of this site or any other site listed is to educate the consumer on health care and medical issues that may affect their daily lives. This site or any other sites should not be a substitute to seek a medical professional.
- www.drugfree.org- site for parents that includes factual information on a variety of drugs, tips for spotting drug use, and talking to kids about drugs.
- Attention Deficit
- www.chadd.org is a nonprofit, national, family based organization which provides support and disseminates information on attention deficit disorders to children and adults with ADHD.
- Asthma and Allergies
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cancer.org- community-based volunteer organization which provides information on various cancers and eliminating cancer as the major health problem.
- Lice - The following sites are involved at helping eliminated lice
- Spina Bifida
- spinabifidaassociation.org - this organization helps in promoting the prevention of spina bifida and enhances the lives that are affected
Ohio Department of Education - www.education.ohio.gov/parents
Pediatric expert - www.drgreene.com
www.familydoctor.org- site of the American Academy of Family Physicians
www.healthcentral.com- provides health information on a variety of topics
www.mayoclinic.com- provides information on a variety of health topics