Children must be 5 years old by September 30, 2022 to attend kindergarten.
If your child will be 4 years old on or before September 30, 2022, he/she may be eligible to enroll in our FREE PreK program.
Call 216-838-3675 to speak with a Kindergarten enrollment specialist today!
- FREE full-day kindergarten
- FREE hearing screening, vision exam & glasses
- FREE dental at select schools
- Early literacy & math instruction
- Computer technology
Required documents for enrollment
- Child’s birth certificate
- Valid photo ID
- Guardianship documents (if applicable)
- Proof of address
- Complete & up-to-date immunization record
Required immunizations for enrollment
- 5 doses DPT* (Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus)
- 4 doses IPV* (Polio)
- 2 doses MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- 3 doses Hepatitis B
- 2 doses Varicella (Chickenpox)
* An additional dose is required if all doses were given prior to the 4th birthday.
Parents and Guardians may begin the enrollment process for Kindergarten by visiting the District’s school choice portal. Go to ChooseCMSD.org to make your child’s school selection today — choose up to three schools!
Early Childhood Office - 216.838.0110
Multilingual Multicultural Education Center - 216.838.0140 (Families that speak a language other than English)
Project ACT - 216.838.0243 (Families in transition)
Special Education - 216.838.7733 (Children with special needs – ages 5 & up)
Transportation - 216.838.4287Download the Kindergarten Registration Flyer
All Kindergarten Teachers must be trained to facilitate the new Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (KRA). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register for training.