Our Preschool Philosophy
Cleveland Metropolitan’s School District believes that children’s learning is enhances through play and developmentally appropriate learning experiences. Our preschool programs provide a safe and nurturing environment that promotes a community of learners.
We prepare students for kindergarten with a strong foundation of early literacy, social emotional and math skills. Our program implements a developmentally appropriate curriculum that aligned to the Ohio Department of Education’s Early Learning and Developmental Standards: physical well-being and motor development, cognition and general knowledge, language and literacy development, approaches toward learning and social and emotional development.
CMSD is currently enrolling for the 2022-2023 school year.
Preschool Enrollment Requirements:
- Preschool is using the school choice portal for enrollment. Once parents create an account through the portal, they will be emailed a link to the preschool enrollment landing page through an automated response. Please call the Office of School Choice and Enrollment at 216.838.3675 for questions and assistance creating an account in the school choice portal.
- In-person enrollment is available at your school of interest, see below for link of schools.
- In-person enrollment is available at District offices. Schedule an appointment here.
- Please contact the Preschool Special Education Department if you have concerns regarding your child's development or your child has a preschool IEP or ETR.
PLEASE NOTE: Some sites do require further documentation and will be specified on the enrollment application.Preschool seats are not held so all required documentation must be included at the time of submission. Once your enrollment has been processed, you will be contacted.
- Must be 4 years old by September 30, 2022
- CMSD Enrollment Form
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Valid Photo ID or Guardianship Documentation (if applicable)
- Proof of Residency
- Physical/Immunization record (exam must be with the year and signed by a doctor)
Additional Preschool Information
CMSD's general classrooms are free full-day programs that follow the Cleveland Metropolitan School District's Calendar
CMSD does not provide transportation for regular education preschool students
CMSD does not provide before or after school care programs
All preschool Parents/Guardians must sign their child in at the beginning of the school day and at the end of the school day.
All preschool students must be dropped off and picked up by a parent/guardian or an authorized adult who is 18 years or over
Preschool students are enrolled based on their residential zip code. Preschool students that have siblings in K-12 may enroll out of their residential zip code.
Contact information:Early Childhood Office main number: 216-838-0110