Office of the Ombuds
We listen. We inform. We serve as a resource.
The Ombuds Office (pronounced Om-budz) serves as a resource to parents, guardians, caregivers and community members to help resolve disputes or concerns that have not been resolved at the school building level, i.e. bullying, academic disputes, teachers/principal conflicts, transportation or other conflicts.
Please be mindful that your scholars teacher, principal, or other school staff are best positioned to support your needs when you have a concern at the school. Please contact the Ombuds office when:
- you have exhausted all efforts to resolve the issue at the building level.
- you feel strongly that your concern or issue requires mediation from a neutral party
- you believe that a school or district policy has been violated.
We are always happy to serve and explore options to resolve conflict together!
The Ombuds Office strives to:
- empower individuals to overcome disputes, conflicts, and barriers to find options for best possible resolutions.
- assist with navigating through processes while providing information and resources.
- foster collaboration and effective communication.
Understanding our role as Ombuds
Ways in which we are able to serve you:
- Listen and identify the areas of concerns and the appropriate first place to seek resolution
- Clarify policies and procedures
- Facilitate communication between parties
- Assist in exploring options and potential informal resolutions to complaints and concerns
- Gather information and offer referrals to other resources
- Identify trends to systemic problems and potential solutions
Ombuds Office 24 hour message line - 216.838.0090
Visiting or emailing the Ombuds office does NOT constitute putting the school district on official notice.