Are you a regular or substitute teacher, paraprofessional or secretary?
The Substitute System from eSchool Solutions is where teachers, paraprofessionals and secretaries will enter their absence and request a substitute.
The Substitute System is also where substitute teachers, paraprofessionals and secretaries will search for open job assignments.
Smartfind: 216-838-4782 (Automated)
Sub Center: 216-838-0077 (6 AM to 11 AM)
Pay issue: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation:
The Sub Center is Staffed - Monday through Friday (School Days) 6 AM – 2 PM
Smartfind Calls Out Sunday to Thursday 5 PM to 10 PM for Next Day and Future
Smartfind Calls Out Monday to Friday 5 AM to 10 AM for Same Day Positions
New to SmartFind?
Registering for the first time:
- Call the main number – (216) 838-4782.
- Enter your Access ID, followed by the star (*) key.
- When the system asks for your PIN, enter your Access ID again, followed by the star (*) key.
- Create your PIN. Enter the PIN you want to use followed by the star (*) key. The PIN must be numeric, must have 6 numbers.
- You will be asked to record your name. Record your name and when you have finished recording, press the star (*) key.
- Next you will hear your callback number. This is the telephone number the system will use to call you. If this number is incorrect, enter the correct number now.
After you are registered, you can access your account online at https://cmsd.eschoolsolutions.com/logOnInitAction.do
How To Use SmartFind and Get Paid (Video):
Need more help?
There is an Employee User Guide located on the Human Resources page.
There are also helpful training videos.
Best Practices to Get Paid ACCURATELY: (Substitutes)
- Stop in the office at the beginning and end of your assignment. Make sure secretary/principal reviews your time in Workday and approves it before you leave.
- Send all absences, assignments, job numbers and changes by 11 AM every day.
- Don’t go to a job without a Job Number. A job number gets you paid.
Best Practices When Requesting a Sub: (Full-Time Employees Only)
- Sub Requests should be made AT LEAST 2 Hours in advance
- Please review and update your daily schedule at the beginning of each school year. The system calls out the schedule that is entered.
- The Comments section can be used for notes to your sub, where your lesson plans can be found, and other special instructions
- Subs can only be requested for FULL DAY ABSENCES
- Extend your absence as soon as possible to keep the same sub in front of your students.
- Review your calendar to ensure the request and job number where entered and to view
New Teacher Handbook(TS)
If you were recently hired as a teacher for the current school year, the handbook that was used during this summer’s BLUE Institute training (BLUE – Build, Lead, Utilize and Engage dynamic learning environments) is an excellence resource guide.
Substitute Teacher/Para Handbook(S)
Student Code of ConductThe intent of this handbook is to assist students, parents, teachers and school administrators in maintaining an environment conducive to student learning and positive behavior.