CMSD Employee Information


    Purchase Orders/Supplier Contracts

    • Purchase Orders are required for the payment of goods. 
    • Supplier Contracts are required for the payment of services rendered. 
    • Purchase Order/Supplier Contract numbers should be obtained from the school/department prior to delivery of goods or the completion of services. 
    • Purchase Order/Supplier Contract numbers should be referenced on invoices submitted to AP for processing.    
    • Failure to obtain a valid purchase order/supplier contract can result in payment delays. 

    Invoice Procedures

    • For the most efficient processing, invoices should be submitted directly to
    • Include the name of the Supplier in the subject line of the email
    • Reference the purchase order/supplier contract in the body of the email. 
    • Copy the CMSD Educator that generated the purchase orders/supplier contract. This ensures the communication reaches the required approver and AP at the same time. 
    • Any utility bills, disconnection notices, or letters should be emailed to

    Reimbursement Procedures  

    • Spend Authorizations are required for all travel-related reimbursements. 
    • Spend Authorizations are for the estimated costs to be reimbursed to the employee and not for district-paid items.
    • Spend Authorizations should be submitted prior to the associated business-related travel. 
    • Upon completion of the business-related travel, employees should submit an Expense Report for reimbursement. 
    • Itemized receipts are required for all expense report line items, except for Per Diem, which is a daily meal allowance of $35 per day. 
    • Agendas are required for all travel-related expense reports. 
    • Spend Authorizations are not required for non-travel-related reimbursement requests. 
    • Documentation is required for mileage reimbursements. 
    • Spend Authorizations and Expense Reports must be approved by Cost Center managers.
    • $250.00 is the maximum amount allowable for non-travel-related reimbursements. 
    • For assistance with or to check on the status of spend authorizations or expense reports, please contact the main phone line (216) 838-0380

    Cash Advance Procedures 

    • Spend Authorizations are required for all cash advance requests. 
    • The spend authorization should be submitted 2 weeks before the cash advance is needed. 
    • Cash advance requests must be approved by the Cost Center Manager and CFO, Derek Richey. 
    • Funds are deposited into the recipient’s account within 24-48 hours of the requested date. 
    • Expenses associated with a cash advance must be documented by original, itemized receipts through the submission of an expense report within 30 days of completion of the trip/use. 
    • Any cash in excess of the approved reimbursable expenses must be returned to the Cash Office (216) 838-0078 or 838-0079. 
    • To check on the status of the cash advance request contact Diana Giraldo at (216) 838-0385
Account Payable Cycle

Employee Forms and Guides