CMSD Employee Information
Purchase Orders/Supplier Contracts
- Purchase Orders are required for the payment of goods.
- Supplier Contracts are required for the payment of services rendered.
- Purchase Order/Supplier Contract numbers should be obtained from the school/department prior to delivery of goods or the completion of services.
- Purchase Order/Supplier Contract numbers should be referenced on invoices submitted to AP for processing.
- Failure to obtain a valid purchase order/supplier contract can result in payment delays.
- For the most efficient processing, invoices should be submitted directly to APinvoice@ClevelandMetroSchools.org
- Include the name of the Supplier in the subject line of the email
- Reference the purchase order/supplier contract in the body of the email.
- Copy the CMSD Educator that generated the purchase orders/supplier contract. This ensures the communication reaches the required approver and AP at the same time.
- Any utility bills, disconnection notices, or letters should be emailed to
- Spend Authorizations are required for all travel-related reimbursements.
- Spend Authorizations are for the estimated costs to be reimbursed to the employee and not for district-paid items.
- Spend Authorizations should be submitted prior to the associated business-related travel.
- Upon completion of the business-related travel, employees should submit an Expense Report for reimbursement.
- Itemized receipts are required for all expense report line items, except for Per Diem, which is a daily meal allowance of $35 per day.
- Agendas are required for all travel-related expense reports.
- Spend Authorizations are not required for non-travel-related reimbursement requests.
- Documentation is required for mileage reimbursements.
- Spend Authorizations and Expense Reports must be approved by Cost Center managers.
- $250.00 is the maximum amount allowable for non-travel-related reimbursements.
- For assistance with or to check on the status of spend authorizations or expense reports, please contact the main phone line (216) 838-0380
Cash Advance Procedures
- Spend Authorizations are required for all cash advance requests.
- The spend authorization should be submitted 2 weeks before the cash advance is needed.
- Cash advance requests must be approved by the Cost Center Manager and CFO, Derek Richey.
- Funds are deposited into the recipient’s account within 24-48 hours of the requested date.
- Expenses associated with a cash advance must be documented by original, itemized receipts through the submission of an expense report within 30 days of completion of the trip/use.
- Any cash in excess of the approved reimbursable expenses must be returned to the Cash Office (216) 838-0078 or 838-0079.
- To check on the status of the cash advance request contact Ebony Boothe