Preschool Registration Information (2019-20)
Download our Kickoff flyer today!Download the PreK Registration Flyer
You may enroll your child at any Preschool school site. Please contact a school secretary (CMSD Schools) to make an arrangement to register your child. Be sure to take all necessary documents with you when registering your child (see below). The Office of Early Childhood Education can answer any questions you have. The office is located at East Professional Center Room 208, 1349 East 79th St. Cleveland, Ohio 44103. Please call 216-838-0110 for more information and to verify availability.PreK Enrollment Information and Important Documents Needed:
- The child must be 4 on or before September 30th
- The child must be a resident of Cleveland. (Exception, Douglas Mac Arthur Girls Leadership Academy, Kenneth Clement Boys Leadership Academy, Valley View Boys Leadership Academy and Warner Girls Leadership Academy.)
- Parents/Legal Guardian must register the child.
- The following documents are required at time of registration:
- Birth Certificate
- Complete and up-to-date immunization record (Baby Shots)
- Physical (current within the last 12 months)
- Dental Examination (current within the last 12 months)
- Proof of Address - Several forms of address verification are accepted. Some examples include mortgage or lease agreement, recent utility bills, payroll documents or recent tax statements. Contact Project Act, (216) 838-0210, if you are homeless.
- Valid driver's license or State ID
- Guardianship/Custody Documents (if applicable)
- Income Verification - Needed for HeadStart, ODE Early Childhood Expansion and UPK Funded sites - Call Office of Early Childhood to verify this need at 216-838-0110.
This is a free, full-day program that follows the Cleveland Metropolitan School District calendar
There is no transportation for the regular education preschool student
A physical and dental form will be provided by the Early Childhood Office. These forms must be completed and given to the Preschool teacher at the start of the Preschool program
Parent/Guardian must sign the child in at the beginning of the school day and sign them out at the end of the school day.
There is no before or after school care.
You must reside in the residential area of a school with a Preschool program.