We listen. We inform. We serve as a resource.
The Ombudsman Office (pronounced Om-budz-man) serves as a resource to parents, guardians, caregivers and community members to help resolve disputes or concerns that have not been resolved at the school building level, i.e. bullying, academic disputes, teachers/principal conflicts, transportation or other conflicts.
Be mindful that prior to filing a complaint with the Ombudsman office:
- you have exhausted all efforts to resolve the issue at the building level.
- you feel strongly that your concern or issue requires mediation.
- you believe that a school or district policy has been violated.
The Ombudsman Office strives to:
- empower individuals to overcome disputes, conflicts, and barriers to find options for best possible resolutions.
- assist with navigating through processes while providing information and resources.
- foster collaboration and effective communication.
Understanding our role as Ombudsman
Ways in which we are able to serve you:
- Listen and identify the areas of concerns and the appropriate first place to seek resolution
- Clarify policies and procedures
- Facilitate communication between parties
- Assist in exploring options and potential informal resolutions to complaints and concerns
- Gather information and offer referrals to other resources
- Identify trends to systemic problems and potential solutions
Ombudsman Office 24 hour message line - 216.838.0090
Welcome Center Appointment Scheduler
To schedule an in-person appointment with the departments listed below, please click on this link
- School Choice and Enrollment
- Special Education Enrollment
- Project ACT Enrollment
- Welcome Center