Employment & Income VerificationRefinancing your mortgage? Renting an apartment? Buying a car?
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District uses The Work Number® to provide automated employment and income verifications on our employees.
The Work Number is a fast and secure way to provide proof of your employment or income—a necessary step in many of today’s life events involving credit, financing, or securing of benefits or services. The Work Number simplifies the verification process and accelerates credit decisions through an online system available to verifiers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. More than 200,000 credentialed verifiers rely on The Work Number for rapid access to information critical to their decision process, and over 2,900 employers nationwide have entrusted The Work Number to provide this important service on behalf of their employees.
Here’s How it Works:
- CMSD’s HRIS department securely transmits employment and income data to The Work Number on a regular cycle, so the information remains current.
- When you apply for credit or other services where proof of employment or income is required, you provide consent to the credit grantor to verify that information when signing the application.
- The verifier—who has been carefully screened and credentialed before gaining access to the system—uses the CMSD employer code: 10298 and your Social Security Number to look up your record on The Work Number database.
- The verifier must provide a valid reason or permissible purpose for requesting the information, as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- With the above conditions met, the verifier can validate your employment or income in seconds, accelerating the decision process and helping you obtain the credit you deserve.
Applying for Public Assistance?
Thousands of social services agencies nationwide use The Work Number regularly to perform verifications. If asked for proof of employment or income, simply inform your caseworker that the information is available on The Work Number, and direct them to www.theworknumber.com or 800.660.3399 for more information.
The Work Number Client Service Center is available Monday – Friday; 7am – 8pm (CT) at 800.367.2884.
For TTY–hearing impaired call 800.424.0253.