Promoting Alternative Thinking Strategies
The PATHS® ProgramThe PATHS® curriculum is a well-researched classroom curriculum model designed to
facilitate the social and emotional development of children from Pre-k through grade 5.
PATHS® is designed to integrate seamlessly with literacy activities.
- PATHS® provides skill-building for both students and teachers.
- PATHS® promotes generalization which will create opportunities to use these skills throughout the day.
- PATHS® provides students feedback and recognition for performance.
- PATHS® provides sufficient technical support to teachers.
- PATHS® can be easily integrated into other academic subjects.
- PATHS® has a strong parent component to get families involved.
The PATHS® curriculum helps children develop four types of skills:
- Friendship – making friends, keeping friends, good manners
- Emotional – talking about feelings, understanding and respecting others’ feelings
- Self-control – being able to calm down, being respectful to parents and teachers
- Problem-solving – recognizing problems and solving them, making good decisions
PATHS Affiliate Trainers
- 1111 Superior Ave.
- East Professional Center
- John Adams High School
- Brian Draper, Sr.
- Monica Grays
- Donese Harris
- Megan Scully
- Raquel White