MANDATORY UNIFORM EMAIL SIGNATURE LINES
All CMSD employees’ email signatures should be consistent and must contain the following information:
- Employee’s Name
- Employee’s Title, preceded by EDUCATOR:
- Employee’s School or Department
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District
- Employee’s Mailing Address
- Employee’s Office Telephone Number
- Employee’s Cell Phone Number
SAMPLE EMAIL SIGNATURE:
Roseann Canfora, Ph.D.
EDUCATOR: District Communications Officer
Cleveland Metropolitan School District
1111 Superior Avenue E
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
NOTE: Use default or standard sans serif fonts.
- Use script or other fancy fonts
- Add personal statements, quotations, legal disclaimers or other personalized signatures/messaging
REQUIRED “OUT OF OFFICE AUTO-RESPONSE” FOR EMAILS:
If an employee will be out of the office on scheduled leave, your email should reflect that schedule. It is the employee's responsibility to have an out-of-the-office, auto-response email.
Sample Email Out of Office Message:
Thank you for your message. I will be out of my office from (state the date(s) you will be away from your office), but will respond to your message when I return on (state your expected return date). If you need immediate assistance, please contact (state the name of an alternate point of contact) at (state your alternate’s email address) or (state your alternate’s telephone number).