On Tuesday, Feb. 17, CMSD celebrated its one-year anniversary of the Communicate with HEART customer-service program launched one year ago on Valentine's Day. The program, an outgrowth of The Cleveland Plan, is designed to vastly improve the way CMSD staff greets and treats students, parents, community members, partners, visitors and one another with every encounter every day.
By the end of the school year, virtually all CMSD staff will have been trained in Communicate with HEART. "Mystery shoppers" along with actual callers and visitors to our schools and offices, measure the consistency and quality of our customer service.
To celebrate the one-year anniversary of our Communicate with H.E.A.R.T. program, the HEART committee paid surprise visits to six employees throughout the District nominated for their exemplary customer service on a daily basis. The committee presented the employees with a $25 gift certificate to the Jane Addams Executive Grill, a recognition certificate and a heart-shaped balloon as tokens of appreciation. Another set of HEART Champions will be selected prior to the end of the school year.The initial H.E.A.R.T. Award recipients are:
- David Staufeneger, Human Resources, Supervisor of Administration
- Danny Kelly, FACE, Student/Family Recruitment Specialist
- Valentina Moxon, Academic Superintendent, Network Support Leader
- Willie Henderson, Central Kitchen, Truck Driver
- Dedra Ross, Woodland Data Center, Senior Purchasing Specialist, ERATE
- Lori Olszewski, Denison, Principal Secretary
Congratulations to this year's HEART Award recipients, and a reminder to rise to meet the daily challenge of assisting our families, colleagues and visitors with HEART.