EBBA: First Aid and Emergency Medical Authorization
The District develops guidelines for the emergency care of any student or staff member injured or becomes ill at school or while engaged in a school-sponsored activity.
Each building has at least one person with special training in first aid. In addition, the District provides employee automated external defibrillator (AED) training per State law. Compliance with this training requirement is reported to the Ohio Department of Education by November 30 annually through the consolidated school mandate report.
In the case of an emergency involving a student, the school follows the Emergency Medical Authorization Form and attempts to contact the parent/guardian. Schools distribute the Emergency Medical Authorization Form, which is also available on the District’s website.
- Adopted: March 20, 2001
- Amended: March 29, 2022
- Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.23
- Ohio Revised Code Section 3301.56
- Ohio Revised Code Section 3313.6021
- Ohio Revised Code Section 3313.6023
- Ohio Revised Code Section 3301.68
- Ohio Revised Code Section 3313.712
- Ohio Revised Code Section 3313.717
- Ohio Administrative Code 3301-27-01
- Ohio Administrative Code 3301-35-06