EEAC: School Bus Safety Program
The primary consideration in all matters of District transportation is the safety and welfare of riders. Safety precautions include the following:
- The transportation program meets all State requirements regarding the training, licensing, and approval of bus drivers, standards for buses, and safe speeds.
- Bus drivers must report to the District all moving traffic violations, accidents, and revocations of driving licenses, per applicable statutes, regulations, and negotiated agreements.
- Special limits may be set for students if walking conditions, student age, traffic, or the student’s physical condition have a bearing on the student’s safety.
- Bus stops shall be located to provide maximum safety of students considering: distance from residence, traffic volume, physical characteristics, visibility, and weather conditions.
- Emergency evacuation drills are conducted regularly throughout the school year, but at least once a year, to thoroughly acquaint student riders with procedures in emergency conditions.
- All vehicles used to transport students are maintained in such condition as to provide safe and efficient transportation service with a minimum of delay and disruption of service due to mechanical or equipment failure.
- Students in the primary grades are instructed on school bus safety and behavior within the first two weeks of the school year.
- Building administrators can suspend students from a bus in cases of bus-related misbehavior in alignment with procedures outlined in the Student Code of Conduct.
- Adopted: March 20, 2001
- Amended: February 22, 2022
- Ohio Revised Code Section 3327.09
- Ohio Revised Code Section 3327.10
- Ohio Revised Code Section 3327.014
- Ohio Revised Code Section 3327.16
- Ohio Revised Code Section 4511.75
- Ohio Revised Code Section 4511.76
- Ohio Revised Code Section 4511.761
- Ohio Revised Code Section 4511.762
- Ohio Revised Code Section 4511.763
- Ohio Revised Code Section 4511.764
- Ohio Revised Code Section 4511.77
- Ohio Revised Code Section 4511.771
- Ohio Revised Code Section 4511.772
- Ohio Revised Code Section 4511.78
- Ohio Administrative Code 3301-51-10
- Ohio Administrative Code Chapter 3301-83